I feel so blessed to be able to have this little corner of the world to write in. I love that there is a place like WordPress that I can go and just write until my little heart is content. When I can get some of the words that are jumbling around and clanging into each other in my head out, it gives me a little bit of peace – for a time, until more replace them! Living in the technologically inclined world that we do, soon after I discovered WordPress, I discovered the app for my phone. I’ll tell you, it’s been working in OVERTIME lately and that makes me SO happy!! Every time I hear that little chime, it’s equivalent to an audience giving a standing ovation in my head!
This morning when I woke up, there was a notification from http://pagesofgrace.wordpress.com/ telling me that my blog was “awesome” and that she was nominating it for a “Liebster Award”. My first thought – “An Award? For MY writing?!” **insert surprised face here** Second thought – WOW. Thank you SO much to http://pagesofgrace.wordpress.com/ for thinking that my words mean enough to nominate me for this!! For those that are unfamiliar with what a Liebster Award is – as I was when I first saw this – it’s basically a way to recognize up and coming bloggers and encourage people to visit new/interesting blogs!
There are some rules for the Liebster Award and here they are:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, Here goes!
1. Your favorite place – mountainside or seaside?
Tough question!! Growing up in California, both were so close! It’s a tight race but I’m going to say Seaside! There is NOTHING more relaxing than sitting in the sand with the sun on my face and losing myself in the sound of the waves!
2. What is your favorite song and why?
I’d say my favorite song right now is “Blessings” by Laura Story. It speaks volumes to the struggle my husband and I are facing right now.
3. What do you think “grace” is?
Grace is God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense. It’s nothing we can earn, it’s given to us by our Father who loves us unconditionally and aches to have us know Him.
4. What are the five things you are grateful for?
My husband. My family (immediate and acquired). My friends. My faith. And God, without whom none of the other things would mean nearly as much!
5. Savoury or sweet?
Hmmmm! Depends!! But I lean MUCH more towards Savoury!!
6. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve ALWAYS enjoyed writing, but I started blogging as my husband and I began really getting knee-deep in pain through our infertility journey. This journey can be very lonely and while it helps me to clear my head when I write, I also do it in hopes that it will reach out to someone and remind them that they are not alone.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“For I know the plans I have for you” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart…” Jeremaiah 29: 11-13
8. Who is your childhood hero? Is it still the same now that you’ve grown up?
Sad to say, I don’t think I really had a “childhood hero”. I LOVED Mary Lou Retton because I LOVED gymnastics! but I wouldn’t have gone as far as to say she was my “hero”. Now that I’ve grown up, I’d have to say that First Responders are my heroes!
9. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?
My inspiration to write comes from personal, daily experiences.
10. Who is your favorite writer?
Max Lucado is an AMAZING writer!!!!
And now, I know the rules say that you must nominate 10 other bloggers, but as I looked through blogs I’m following, these are the 6 that really stood out to me – and didn’t have over 200 followers!
My 10 questions for these bloggers are:
If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you HAVE to have?
- When you were a child, what was your answer to the question “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
- What is your favorite season?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What led you to begin writing?
- Would you rather go see a movie in the theater or at home?
- Do you like black jellybeans?
- Would you rather be able to be invisible or fly?
- If they were to make a movie of your life, who would portray you?
- Would you go see that movie?
Again, Thank you Ros for nominating me for this!!!