A little over a week ago, I was nominated by Amanda Gayle for a Sunshine Award. She is a BRILLIANT writer and I LOVE her recipes!
It feels amazing to be nominated for these awards! The sunshine award is an award that goes to writers who brighten others days. But I must admit, It’s taken me awhile to write this because I haven’t felt very sunshine-y. I try so hard not to blog when my mood isn’t positive – for lots of reasons. One of them being – and I KNOW that people are just trying to be nice – if I hear one more person tell me to “be positive”, I just might scream – loud and long! I am positive most days of the week. Ok, maybe half. On a good week. One of my biggest struggles as of late is, trying not to succumb to the disappointment and discouragement that is eating away at my mind. Every month that passes, I feel is just another month that I’m closer to never having a baby. I check our fundraiser DAILY and the needle hasn’t moved in quite some time. I understand it, and it’s TRULY ok. But it’s HARD to not let that little voice in my ear become a constant nagging. One thing I’ve learned on this journey is that I have to let myself FEEL. But then … I have to MOVE ON!! So, here goes!!
The rules are:
- To link the blogger that nominated you
- To answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to the nominees and let them know!
Here’s my answers!
– Why do you Blog?
Blogging is like an online journal for me. But also, I do it because I hope that, even with how small I am, that our story may reach just one person. That they can identify and take away maybe one small jewel from our struggles.
– What are some of your hobbies?
I LOVE to paint! I’m currently working on expanding my Christmas village. I’ve painted every. single. home in it with painstaking, loving detail. I love to paint my nails too!!
– What’s your favorite creative activity?
See above answer!! 🙂
– What is your favorite dish to cook or bake?
I am really just starting to discover my hand at cooking and baking, so I can’t quite say I have a “favorite” just yet! But for tradition’s sake, I LOVE to make Shoo Fly Pie at Christmas!!!
– What is one positive thing that blogging has brought to your life?
Blogging has made me realize that, even though it often feels like it, that we are NOT alone in our struggle! I am CONSTANTLY surprised at genuine, quick connection that I have formed with ladies that I have never even met that are so generous to reach out and offer support and love and often, not say a word but just let me feel.
– What makes you most excited about Fall?
The leaves changing color!!! But more than that, there is a crispness in the air… the promise of a new season. It’s a reminder that – soon – the ground Is going to be covered and the canvas is going to start blank all over again for new things to grow.
– Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Facebook!!! Because I had a twitter account but could NEVER figure it out! Ugh!
– If you could go anywhere, where would it be?
Paris, France. No contest!
– What’s your favorite weekend activity?
– What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Seeing all the diversity! Learning about different people! You know how when you drive down a street, you can’t help but look into someone’s front window if they’ve left the window open? Well, blogging is like seeing open windows as far as you can see!
A Hundred Affections – Her words are open, raw, emotional, touching and unbelievably honest.
Candidly Carol – I LOVE her “candid”ness and how she just puts the truth out there!
I know that’s not 10 people, but right now… Those are the blogs that really stand out in my mind!!
And here’s your questions:
- If you could do one thing COMPLETELY crazy and death-defying, what would it be?
- Which do you like better – coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you were to be trapped on a desert island and could only take 3 items, what would they be?
- Mousse or Gel for your hair?
- What’s your FAVORITE kind of food?
- One HAPPY childhood memory?
- What is you favorite movie?
- What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Thank you to Amanda, again, for nominating me and feeling that my words were “an inspiration”. It’s nice to be reminded that my words are heard!